Thursday, August 18, 2011

My Sister Was A Boy

When you come from a big family of eight siblings, and living with your grandparents with their children, one can only imagine how havoc life could be at one point or the other. I always remember the high noisy moments and low noisy moments, I will always remember the smell of good food cooking in the kitchen, as my aunties will be taking charge in that department.

But most of all I still remember and is still puzzled about the beginning of how my sister was a boy. I am smiling as I am writing this, I must be so blur then because I really don’t remember how it all began. All I can remember was that my younger sister was allowed to dress as a boy to go to school and in her everyday life. She was even wearing her hair just like a boy, very short and neatly combed, and staying shining with the help of the ever so famous Brylcreem hair cream.

Was it normal then to cross dress your kids, and none from the society will say anything?
Anyways, she was dressed as a boy for a long time, ha ha ha I cannot help laughing as I try to remember how cute could that be right. So, it was accepted by everyone I guess, if not how so my grandparents and my parents will be buying her boys uniform for school instead of girls’ uniform. I also don’t remember when she was actually forced to change to start wearing girls’ uniform, but it was one of those moments when school has to interfere.

I think one day she was sent back to change into her own gender uniform from school, I could only imagine in that age she must be devastated because she was comfortable in her skin and wearing boys uniform for many years.

Therefore, from that moment on she had no choice but to start wearing girls’ uniform to school, and how my grandparents managed to convince her was another mystery to me, while maintaining her boys’ attire at home.

When she totally changed, discarding the boys’ attire in total, I could not recall.

My sister was a boy……………….. *smile*

No comments: