Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Having Nothing Was Everything

 
It’s funny how sometimes memories of yesterday suddenly can fill you up with a lot of joy, even if it was only for a moment. This morning after my ‘subuh’ prayer and while taking out my attire, I remember how when we were younger, my two elder sisters and I used to disturbed each other, even when we were praying.

Looking back at it now, I remember whenever we had something funny or silly to share, we will be laughing so much, for so long and it even got extended to the moment that we were standing on the praying mat. As we will take turn to say our prayer, which normally my eldest sister will do first, me (the notorious one) will sit on her side and start to replay the joke and laugh. This will force my sister to lose her concentration in praying and start to laugh too.

We will take turn to repeat this behavior until we heard the shrilling voice of my mother from where ever she could hear our intolerable behavior. Mom’s voice will quiet us for a while, but that does not mean we are over the laughing games. To ditch anyone who continues with the disturbance, we will sometimes quickly run to the room and lock it until we finished the prayer.
I don’t know why this memory came to me today, but it brought a smile to my face, those were the good old days, days when sisters were meant to be forever, the days that nothing else matters but sisters, the days when nothing can hurt us as long as we have sisters. I miss those days, I do.

Today, we don’t laugh as hard any more, we are thousands of miles away from each other. We live our lives forgetting that those were the moments we wish we could reminisce in. Life was simple then, life was easy, having nothing was everything as long as we have sisters.

P/S: Images courtesy of my Little Angel

No comments: