Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lesson Learned

Between a taxi driver who could not speak English but played the song “I’m the only girl” by Rihana for me, and for 10 minutes forcing me to hold on to my dear life while he drives around narrow lanes like Ayrton Senna did in the tunnel of Monaco, and proudly telling me “I am Turkish”.

And

A doctor whose clinic was located in an upmarket mansion, with everything in leather from his polished white shoes to the white leather chairs, and white leather patient’s bed. The area is so exclusive that it makes it more eerie when the fact that there was not a single soul in existence to assist him. After a few minutes of explanation he ushered me to the room with the white leather bed, my response was ‘No’.

Looking dejected we came back sitting at his table and before I can even warm my chair he again came round to me and asked me to go back to the room. This went on for a couple more times, but each time, the response he got from me was ‘No’.

My hands were drenched with sweat of nervousness and I was scared to death, only to be saved by a phone call from my husband. I cannot deny that he is a very good doctor, but what the **** was he thinking of. Leaving his mansion was one of the most anticipated moments for me that day.

Lesson Learned

Never take a taxi with a driver who looks like Antonio Banderas, and never trust a doctor by his mansion.

Wien Oh Wien, I am still wondering why you are voted as the 4th safest place to live in in the world. Lord save us.

No comments: