Monday, May 9, 2011

Typical Mom

On Mother’s Day I was given a stalk of yellow rose, but I don’t like roses, to be polite I took it. However, I am so not going to be seen walking around with a stalk of rose in my hand so I decided to leave it on the table where I was seated for dinner. Thank you anyways.

Today I had to go and get some laundry soap, the weather was nice and the walk will do me good. As usual when I am in this shop I will be lost with inspecting items on the shelf. It is therapeutic for me to immerse myself enjoying the products and also more than often I will leave the shop with things that I did not plan to buy. At the cashier I was given an envelope with the word “Alles Liebe, BIPA”, I smiled at the cashier as she said Happy Birthday to me. It was nice, but I wish I know when my birthday is.

When I arrived home I received a call from the airline, they were keeping me posted on the lost hand luggage for my little angel when they had to run out of the plane following an emergency landing. The bag has been missing since April 29, 2011. We have now become friends because it is hopeless to be angry with them and reasoning is not working, so being friends makes all of us feel good.

During the conversation, she said something that made my day. She said you sounded like a typical mom, who wanted to make sure that everything is alright with your child anytime anywhere. That word “typical mom” just put me on cloud nine, I don’t know why, but I am a typical mom and yes I do worry about each and every one of my kids.

My day will not be complete if I do not talk to each and every one of them. I will be hurting more when they get hurt, I will be crying more when they cry, I feel them, their happiness, loneliness, pain and all.

Darling, I am your typical mom.

No comments: