Tuesday, May 3, 2011

If You Are Going Through Hell, Keep Going

Monday – met with Dr. L, he informed me that my hematoma is taking too long to heal, but concerned about the condition of my kidneys. This was due to the freak tram accident.

Tuesday – went for another sonogram with Dr. Andreas. He told me that the hematoma is reducing in size but puzzled to why I am still feeling sore when being touched at that area.

Wednesday – scheduled to see Dr. L again, but decided to postpone. This is because I need time to settle matters relating to my little angel.

Last night like many nights recently I slept very early; I woke up at 0433 hours today and was feeling super super hungry. My desire for pancakes is always high, and there is only one of us here who can make pancakes, and that is hubby.

I toiled with the idea of having to wake him up at this hour or go get something else to eat, but I decided that waking him up for my pancakes superseded all other things, and I did just that.

Hubby was grudging but sweet enough to make me the pancakes with his eyes half closed. He told me afterwards that he could not even stand the smell of pancakes anymore, and to have mercy on him……………….. ha ha ha.

Now my eyes are drooping in anticipation of going back to sleep, hubby decided to cycle to work this morning. The pancakes that I wanted so much were left half eaten, I looked in the mirror and still see me, outside the bustling sound of a new day has long begun, do I go under my blanket again or do I start with the checklist of the day. I don’t know and don’t care.

Then I remember a quote which apparently has got nothing to do with my funny turn of behavior now but I do want to share in this entry:

“If you are going through hell, keep going” - Winston Churchill

No comments: