Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nieces Are Like Cotton Candy

Hearing the squeal of excitement from their voices today, bring back sweet memories of all my nieces that I adore, love and cherish. It was kind of weird what transpire me to call them one by one today, but I have been told that they missed me a lot.

Before my decision to take a job assignment out of the country, my home was home for each and every one of them. They are most welcome for a short visit, a one night stay, or as long as they like. There are no boundaries in my house, what my children eat, they eat, where my children go, they will go too, what TV programs my children watched they will too, basically they are like my own.

However, there must always be a reason for a boundary to be broken, or for happiness to be cut short, or a good relationship to be tarnished. Whatever, happened, happens for many reasons that I wish not to know, neither do I want to waste my time to ponder on. One thing will always remain constant is that I am their auntie and the favorite one, so they claim as long as I am breathing.

After talking to them I try to visualize each and every one of their faces, each unique character, and behavior, each one of them has a special something that I will take with me wherever I may be. If we are never destined to meet again, I know I have once upon a time loved them as much as I possibly could.

Nieces are like cotton candy, pretty, sweet and sticky. They all will stick to me as though I am the mother hen sheltering them from the piercing eyes of the hawk. I am smiling as I am writing this entry, remembering how one of them used to fight with my little angel because my niece wanted me as her mother, and they start arguing until one has to give up. They were tiny and innocent then, now they are young adults, and I bet each of them must be as pretty as a picture.

May the Lord keep you my nieces safe, healthy and happy always………………… I love you.

2 comments:

Miss Jess said...

What is this art print? I'd like to find it but don't know the artist or title.

Miss Jess said...

What is the title/artist for this art print? I'd really like to find it!