Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Never Wither

Sitting here alone, and arranging the shortcuts to my desktop I came across a couple of your pictures. Despite opening folders after folders I keep coming back and looking at your pictures. Only the Lord knows what you have gone through in your life, but as your mother I know that you are never one bitter person.

There were days that you went to school with your face all puffed up, blue black from being abused by your father, but you stand tall and never wither, you went to school avoiding questions of the obvious, smiling and laughing as though nothing had gone wrong.

There were nights that you sit up late doing the wedding baskets of your only brother, while we were all already deep in our dreams, you never wither for the love of your brother, you stay, burning and cutting your fingers at times, but you never avoid the responsibility of a gift.

There were moments when I was not around you took the task of a mother, cooking, cleaning and waiting on your two younger sisters, you never wither, yet you shower them and shelter them with so much love, and you never avoid this moment of a task.

There were hours that you will walk the mile to defend your family, no matter what, not knowing any fear that could befall, you stand by each and every one of your siblings, and you never wither.

Looking at your pictures again, I thank the Lord for a special daughter like you. You take all the bitterness that was thrown at you gracefully. You never hate, yet you come for more, your never close your door, you keep it open all the time.

Alia, you are indeed a very special gift to me and I want you to know that. I may be stern, and hard, and a tyrant for all you know, but I did all that because I know behind this very strong front that you put to the public, you are actually a very fragile person, and I only want you to be able to fight back without breaking.

This one is for you Alia…………………………. Never wither!!!!!!

2 comments:

redSeptember said...

*tears* :)

Anonymous said...

very beautiful Auntie. ♥ =)