Friday, September 24, 2010

Remedy For Revenge

Last night I jolted up from my sleep by the sound of a reminder alarm from hubby’s phone, plus his snoring, plus my terrible backache. Lately each time I have my period instead of the normal stomach cramps, I will be attacked with unbearable backache.

I don’t know what time it was but I could not go back to sleep no matter how many cows I started to count. Finally I realized that I was thinking of all the commotion of nuclear power, thinking of how poor the commonwealth preparation was going on in India, thinking of what my medic princess is doing at the moment, thinking of my father’s health condition, thinking of my sister’s chemo, thinking of adorable Schnappi, and thinking and thinking.

I wanted to on the TV but this will only annoy my snoring man, so I just lay in bed on my side hoping to elevate the pain on my back, nothing seemed to work, I was too lazy to get up and swallow a pain killer. Hence, in the darkness of the autumn night I was holding the weight of the world on my shoulder, and being so irritated by the sound of the reminder alarm on hubby’s phone. For a moment I wanted to grab the phone and just throw it against the wall, or take the pillow and suffocate hubby till he stopped snoring.

Calming myself down I decided to say some supplication, from the normal twenty one that was tought to me by my grandma to I don’t know what else I was mixing in my head, which end up with me singing to the tune of Airplane. Having period at this old age really makes my system go bonkers, I cannot remember how I finally fell asleep again, but I was later awaken by the smell of food which could only mean that Chef Diva is getting ready to go to work.

For tonight I am thinking of sleeping in the hall with my ear plugs on and the heater on at full blast; how’s that for a remedy of revenge?

No comments: