Thursday, September 2, 2010

Eid Greetings

I got my first Eid greeting card yesterday, normally I will get from my girlfriend first, but this time around it was from my medic princess. Like everything from there nothing is designed to impress, but the wording and the thoughts that come with the card counts.

Ok, ok what I want to write about is that, I read the card while waiting for my cooking to finish. So everyone was in the kitchen and hubby of course understands what was written in English, and then he left to update his computer. After completing reading the messages written, my little angel looked at me and asked me, “mama, what is ‘Bonda’?”

Chef Diva quickly explained that ‘Bonda’ is the classic way of salutation for mother, and ‘ayahanda’ will be for father, while ‘kekanda’ represents salutation for a sister or a brother. My little angel goes like what, are you for real? But why?

This got me thinking too, as when I received an email from a good friend whereby she wrote everything in Malay, it got me confused at first because she was using all the old style of spelling. For example InsyaAllah used to be spelled InshaAllah, air used to be spelled ayer, cat used to be spell chat. Therefore, when my little angel got a bit lost with the classical way of salutation, who can you blame?

Anyways, thank you sayang for the card, I don’t like the color, as you know pink is so not my color la.

1 comment:

redSeptember said...

komplen, komplen, KOMPLEN! macam mak nenek la awak ni mamak. saya bukan pilih sebab kaler dia lorrhh... saya pilih sebab ayat power rangers dia tu....