Saturday, September 11, 2010

Eid Away

First day of Eid was a working day here, however hubby and Chef Diva were on vacation for a day. We took the opportunity to settle a couple of things that involved the government department. Not wanting to waste too much time, we decided to split, while Chef Diva and hubby went to settle her matters, my little angel and I went to another department. We later met midway on the way home.

As soon as we arrived home, I headed straight to the kitchen and started to prepare the Eid meals that my girls are familiar with. If it was only me and hubby, I cannot be bothered to waste my time because this is not at all warranted by our belief. I have been living in many countries but Eid was never a lavish celebration, in fact it was just a celebration among family to welcome the Syawal month, and the celebration of a successful Ramadhan month.

Anyways, the meals that came out later was the ‘lodeh’ as requested by my little angel, the peanut sauce being hubby’s all time favorite and beef ‘rendang’ for Chef Diva. These were accompanied by some instant ‘ketupat’. We ate till our heart content, and decided to stay home the whole day.

Alhamdulillah, the girls were not deprived of their norm on this day.

No comments: