Saturday, January 2, 2010

Till We Meet Again

It is time to bid adieu again, no matter how many trials one would take, the final is never easy. Like a mother hen who cannot let go, I wonder if my kids will one day understand the predicament deep in my heart.

She left with a promise to be back. The hugs and kisses, and fooling around, and reminder after reminder to do a miss call, she finally walked into the zone where we were no longer allowed. I waited almost all night for her to keep her word that she would do a miss call once she landed in Doha. I have arranged for her quick transfer, special pocket to be given to ground staff etc, but the call never came.

I calmed myself, letting myself believe that may be her roaming was not working. I had told her to take my phone, but she declined the offer. I got a message at around 0220 hours, informing me that she had safely arrived.

Alhamdulilah, thank you Lord.

No comments: