Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sleepy Me

When I woke up and looked at the clock, I was very sure the time showed 0638 hours; wow I am going to be late for my ‘Subuh’ prayer. Jumping out of bed, I rushed to the shower to take my ablution, and was very happy when I finished my prayer in time.

Sitting back on the bed I wonder why the alarm hasn’t rang yet. I put any curiosity aside and decided to play Zuma. I glanced at the time on the laptop and to my surprised it was only 0458 hours, no, this cannot be possible, I was so sure I had seen the time correctly earlier. I took my mobile and looked at the time, now it was only 0500 hours. I realized then that I had said my ‘subuh’ prayer when it was not even ‘subuh’ yet. Well, what can I say?

I decided to just carry on playing Zuma till it’s time to wake both my hubby and little angel up.

By the time they left the house, I was feeling slightly sleepy, but at the same time I was also engrossed with the updates of Haiti on TV. To keep me awake, this was already around 1200 hours, I went to the kitchen and started boiling a can of condensed milk to make toffee for my Banoffee Pie later.

The pots that I have are all pretty small, so I have to refill the water in the pot every now and then for the four hours that are needed to make the toffee, and this is not the first time that I had done this.

I went back to my room to continue my vengeance of Zuma, however, my eyes were feeling so heavy, the last thing I remember was hubby telling me that he was going for his French class. Flopped up against the many many pillows and an old tattered bear, under a warm blanket I fell asleep immediately.

Hubby's call jolted me up, but that was all, I had no clue what was brewing in my tiny kitchen. Having woken up I actually turned back to Zuma and carried on playing, till it was time to say my ‘Zohor’ prayer.

Dragging myself to the bathroom, I was greeted by very strong burning smell, suddenly I remember the toffee. Rushing I opened the kitchen door, believe me there was nothing that I could see except for black smoke, and the smell was killing. I went in and on the kitchen hoot, off the stove, then I saw the unimaginable, the can of milk had popped out hard and sweet thick milk was all over the kitchen, on the rug, the shelf the table top, the sink, the spices bottles, you name it milk was just everywhere.

Sighing, I closed back the kitchen door, went to do my ablution and yeah pray. Almighty Lord, to Him only I found my peace.

So much for the craving of a Banoffee Pie !!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

redSeptember said...

mamak!! kesian mamak! huhuhuh T_T did you ask the frog from zuma to help you?