Friday, January 8, 2010

Medic Meine Prinzessin

This daughter of mine, it had been a year now since we last saw each other, but we are in contact almost daily. Her emails come either in a one line sentence or a whole essay, and mind you the prints are all in tiny font. I should remind her that her mom is old now, and eye sight does deteriorate, so have mercy darling, else I will have to start using a magnifying glass as a reading tool.

Anyways, her emails can jolt me out of my bed immediately, make me laugh all day long or anticipate to strangle her if she was within my reach. In her last email, she got me reading all the mind boggling things before telling me the good news. Well, you know what I actually forgot what was so mind boggling after all when I read the last paragraph of her email. I breathe in a thankful Alhamdulillah, yeah that is my medic princess.

They all know that I do not have anything to give them but I worked my butt out to give them good education. They each have to path their own way in life literally and nothing else matters except good education. She made me proud so many times, she knows that she is appreciated, though there were times that her adventurous spirit got me spinning like a top, but I am glad that she is my daughter.

This new year will be a tiring and busy year for her, she will have to work extra hard for the final, I will always be the strength that she may need every now and then, as well as the nagging mom that she almost wish to hate (he he he). One thing that is constant and given, my love for her is endless.

Good luck Anja for your life forward.

No comments: