Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Tis The Season...................

Yesterday was one of those days where we had to run a couple of errands. Hubby had taken some days off from work to keep me company, as well as to have time to finish off our pending matters. My morning started very early as usual to see Chef Diva off to work, it was very dark and raining, so I told her to take the umbrella with her.

Next it my little angel’s turn, lunch pack, breakfast taken and ready to leave, when I looked out of the window, it was suddenly snowing like mad. I told her to get the other umbrella as she was already down with heavy flam and cough, and I do not want the weather to aggravate her situation. However, she prefers to walk in the snow and just use an extra jacket to keep her warm. Ahh…………………. Well, what can I say?

By the time we finally left the house, there was no sign that the snow was going to be slowing down, Alhamdulillah though it was not windy; hence it was bearable for the long ride to our first destination. We had to go and sort out our insurance, next I had a doctor’s appointment at 1pm, then we were to rush back to meet Chef Diva and my little angel, and onwards to the Embassy to collect her passport.

We never anticipated that the time spent at the insurance company would drag on till past my doctor’s appointment time. Therefore, that had to be cancelled, we left the insurance office at around 2.45pm with the hope that we could get a quick bite before meeting the girls, but moving in the heavy snow had however hindered our plan for that.

As usual at the embassy, I always get carried away with catching up on news, and I actually forgot that Chef Diva had her language class to attend later, by this time I was so not in the mood to cook, and both hubby and I were so hungry already. We decided to take the girls out for dinner, but Chef Diva was kind of upset as she cannot come with us. Well……………….. tough luck, next time maybe.

By the time we arrived home, we were all exhausted, we couldn’t even bring ourselves to watch half of a movie. We got knocked out much earlier than our normal bed time, true this is the season for hibernation.

No comments: