Monday, November 16, 2009

Please Don't Give Up

Sari called, this time round there was a kind of panic in her voice. She will normally call me whenever she gets her results from the oncologist, or the CT scan or anything that concerns her situation. This time round the call was different, she was sad, a bit lost and mostly not believing what was being told to her.

Immediately I went silent, I was taken by surprise as Sari is not someone who feels sad or easily let down. I was confused; don’t know what to say and I think she sensed that. There was a moment when we both were lost for words.

Funny I have always been the strong one, I have been able to calm the party on the other side of the phone but I was a letdown today. I was too careful with my words, so much so nothing was said. In the end I managed to assure her to go for another opinion.

Prior she was so looking forward to doing breast reconstruction this coming summer, she was looking forward to making all the arrangements to move to the land of the Kangaroo, she was so eager to share her dreams with me, but I failed her today. I am sorry Sari, but hearing you sad was like you telling me that you are giving up and I am not ready to hear you giving up just yet.

Please have faith and believe in Him………………………

No comments: