Sunday, November 22, 2009

C5 - 6

Finished with the X-rays, but did not get to see the Neurologist as the one recommended by my doctor is away on vacation and will only be back after two weeks. The clinic advised me to see another Neurologist and had an appointment on Monday at 1630 hours.

I discussed the X-Ray report with my medic princess and was glad that she could advise me in lay man terms of what was written on the report, and make me understand my condition. I know that I could count on her always.

I also understand that Arm pain is the most typical symptom of a cervical spine predicament. C5-6 level or cervical 5 and 6 level is the most common level of cervical disc to rupture. As the cervical disc gets herniated, this will press on the cervical nerve. That is why; pain travels through the arm via the nerve pathway.

C5-6 herniated disc also causes weakness on the triceps. The triceps are those muscles found on the upper arm, and extends right through the forearm. A tingling feeling and numbness can be plausibly felt with the pain and generally travels from the triceps to the middle finger.

Till Monday and my next appointment with my doctor, I will need to go and get my pain killer.

No comments: