Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One Step At A Time

Arriving home from school, as usual she was so excited to fill me up with what school was all about today. After the hugs and kisses, even before putting her school bag down, she told me that she has been invited for a sleep over Easter party.

The joy in her voice and eyes were too much for me to even consider a no before a yes, she was saying please in between each word spoken, to let her go. It was her first ever party invitation for sleep over. As much as I wanted her to go, I was a bit hesitant because this little angel of mine is one fussy nut.

In the simple invitation there were details of the venue, time to meet, telephone contact, time to pick up and things to bring. Since there will be almost 10 friends attending the sleep over, besides towel, pyjamas, they are also required to bring their own sleeping bag.

So prior to the actual date, I was going around looking for a sleeping bag, however I could not get any, and when she was informed, she quickly told me that it is alright, just give her a blanket to take along. The actual date came; she packed an extra bag to go direct from school.

Saying goodbye to her that Friday morning was difficult, but I have to let her go to get to know the real world. I cannot keep showering her with protection, which will not be beneficial for her in her future life. We hugged and kissed, and promised to call if she changes her mind and would like to come home instead.

I am glad that she fit in nicely to the new school and is being accepted, at least she is taking a sure move, one step at a time.

No comments: