Thursday, March 19, 2009

My First Schlemmertopf

I have been wanting to get the schlemmertopf glazed clay pot for a long time, and finally got one last week. It was happiness and I just can’t wait to get cooking in it. The pot required to be soaked for at least 30 minutes for the first time before using it, and consequently it will need to be soaked at least 10 minutes before each cooking. No oil or glazing is required.

I simply love oven cooking as it is simple and less messy, so today I got to test my first very own recipe with my very own schlemmertopf. Since I was just trying the dish, I decided to bake the recipe for an hour, to be sure that the chicken was well done.

I will call this recipe My First Schlemmertopf, and here’s the ingredients and method to do it if you would like to try.

Ingredients: 1 medium size chicken (trim, wash, dry with paper towel and marinate for 30 minutes). Marinate – soya sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce and black pepper, 3 small potatoes (wedges), 1 large carrot (slice to your desired size), cauliflowers and broccoli (cut into small florets), 2 large Bombay onion (thinly sliced), and ½ cup of stock (chicken, beef or fish).

Method: Put some of the potatoes and onion in the cavity of the chicken. Place all the rest of the ingredients in the schlemmertopf and add the stock. Place chicken in the middle of the pot, cover and bake in the oven for an hour, at 200 degree Celsius.

It was so simple and easy and relaxing and yes you guessed it …………………… yummy!!!!!

No comments: