Friday, March 27, 2009

My Cheese Cake

For so long I wanted to make my own cheese cake, but I just don’t have the pushing factor to get going. However, being away from my Chef Diva, I am left with no option but to do it on my own. Finally on Tuesday, the time came for me to hit the kitchen and make my very first cheese cake.

The recipe was given by Chef Diva, like many of my cooking; I have to improvise, as my kitchen is not fully equipped. Can you imagine I don’t even have a rolling pin, so to crush the digestive biscuit; I simply put them in a zip bag and rolled over with a pestle stone. I also discovered (too late) that I don’t have a mixing bowl, and I have to blend the cream cheese, fresh cream and sugar, so my quick fix is to use my wok.

Initially this seem like a good idea, but when I got started cream cheese was flying all over, ermmm……… no time to get upset, I just keep going, and you know what? it works! the cream cheese and all was blended well and stiff, very nice and enough to be added on the biscuit base later.

Surprisingly it took me just over 30 minutes to make my cheese cake, and half of it was gone less than 10 minutes after dinner, it was very tasty and creamy and crunchy and limey and simply delicious.

I changed the ingredients to all low fat cheese, low fat fresh cream, bio brown sugar, low fat digestive biscuits and grade A lemon. It is healthy yes, but the taste remains as good.

No comments: