Saturday, March 21, 2009

Her First Fruit Crumble

On Thursday, I helped my little angel to pack some sugar, flour, cinnamon sticks, strawberries and oranges, which she needed for her first ever baking class at school today. She was all excited about this class, as it will give her the opportunity to do everything by herself under the supervision of the cookery teacher of course.

When she finished school, she had to make a stop for 1.30 hours extra private class in French, as she has missed a fair bit of the language, reason being she only started class in the second semester. The security guards at the tuition center were teasing her with the fruit crumble that she was carrying from school to home. They were telling her that they were hungry and so on; innocently she told them that the fruit crumble is for her mama. *smile*

At 1830 hours she was ringing the door bell, with a big hug and a proud smile, she handed the fruit crumble to me, urging me to taste it immediately, while she filled me up with the happenings of the day at school. Not bad, the fruit crumble was very nice, I like it, as she used the right amount of sugar; however, one set back was that the orange was slightly bitter.

She was just filled up with joy as she witnessed me scooping spoonful after spoonful of her fruit crumble into my mouth.

Thank you darling, I am sure you will do better next time, whatever just knows that mama is always proud of you.

No comments: