Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Carbonara

Really not in the mood to cook today, as I am not much of a rice person, and having to satisfy my little angel’s appetite, we have had many days of rice. On impulse when she finished school, I told her to get a packet of mushroom, as I intend to make my carbonara for today (which by the way is her favorite too).

It took me less than 20 minutes to cook my carbonara, anyone interested here you go:

Ingredients: Spaghetti enough for 2 persons (boil, drain and keep aside),
1 large Bombay onion (chopped into tiny pieces)
3 cloves garlic (chopped into tiny pieces)
Smoked salmon (as much as you like)
2 inches beef salami (to replace the beef bacon as I could not find the Halal one here, cut into tiny pieces)
Mushroom (as much as you like - sliced)
Heavy cream (depend how much gravy you want in the carbonara sauce)
2 eggs (beaten)
Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:Heat olive oil in a pan, sauté chopped onions for 3 minutes, add the chopped garlic, sauté for a bit, then add the salmon and salami, fry for 5 minutes, add the sliced mushrooms, fry for another 5 minutes, add the whipped cream, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer under low fire for 8 minutes, add the eggs and stir quickly so that the eggs will not cuddle. Once the mixture starts to boil add in the boiled spaghetti. Served hot with parmesan or mozzarella shredded cheese

No comments: