Thursday, April 25, 2013

His Love For Her


This is my mak; she is recuperating from an operation where she had a broken hip. I have met many women who inspired me along the way in my life but my mak will always top that list. Mak went through a lot of things in her life raising 8 children but none of her children were denied the opportunity of a good education.

Today I would like to write about the loyalty of a love story between my abah and mak that lead to mak having the broken hip. Since all their children are adults with families, my parents have been living most of the time on their own. While abah loves reading newspapers and sitting in the house, mak loves to do gardening. They live on a big plantation where coconuts, bananas, pineapples, cocoa are planted. It is mak’s duty to daily walk around the plantation and see what can be harvested and what need to be replanted, and this is her form of exercise too. Mind you mak is more than 80 years of age.

On that fateful day mak went to cut a banana tree that she thought was not of any use anymore, Abah was watching her nearby. In the act he noticed that if mak does not move from the position where she was standing, the banana tree might fall on her and might hurt her, so Abah without any bad intention had pushed her to be away from the fallen banana tree. Yes, that pushed had resulted on mak falling down and broke her hip. All I know at that moment mak was in so much pain and Abah was distraught.

Mak of course was taken to the district hospital where they discovered the broken hip; arrangement was made for her to be transferred to a better private hospital in Kuala Lumpur for the operation to take place. It was her first time being operated upon, but she was strong and Abah never left her side.

It was Abah’s love that caused mak the predicament, but don’t you think it was so sweet of him to be that caring. However, the Almighty had other plan for mak. Get well soon mak, I love you so much.

No comments: