Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Apam Balik (WHo would have thought?)

As mentioned in several of my entries, due to the effect of the medication on me, my appetite was very confusing and I had food cravings every now and then.  Apam balik was one of the food cravings.  Last Sunday I decided to try my hand at making the Apam balik, the results was fantastic and I love it.  I was also happy to share the Apam balik during my Sunday class at the mosque. 
Ingredients: Two cups all purpose flour, 1.5 cup of coconut milk, 1/2 cup peanut (roasted and pounded),  1/2 cup sweet corn, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and a pinch of salt.
Method: Mix all the ingredients together into a thick batter and leave to rest for at least 30 minutes.
On a medium high stove, heat a heavy bottom non stick pan. Add 1/2 cup of the batter and swirl it round to form a thin skin, cover for a minute, then add a teaspoon of the pounded roasted peanuts, and some sweet corn.  Put the cover on again and leave for another 1 minute.  Just before taking the Apam balik off the stove add 1 teaspoon of salted butter.

 
Fold the Apam balik into two and let it cool down before cutting to your desired size.
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Macam apam balik kat pasar. Alhamdullilah..semoga penyembuhan bertambah H.