Friday, April 12, 2013

and Protect Him and Love Him More Than You Love Me.....



 
When we first met, I don’t remember the exact date and I am sure he would not know that date too. It was not significant to us then and not even now, because what follows that meeting was history.

Though we did not meet on the wrong platform but I was a different person then, much younger, more outgoing, love to dress up, love to color my hair, adorn the latest fashion and brand etc etc.

We don’t have many similarities to begin with, we were totally opposite, totally……….. except that we both are very home person, we don’t like the night life, we are very private people and love being with family more than going out with friends.

Yes, of course back then I was not wearing the ‘hijab’, though we have discussed and debated on this matter a couple of time. He can be too philosophical and rather than pursuing the subject, I chose to just drop it. However, now it is different, I decided to make my own decision and no longer discuss the matter of ‘hijab’ with him. He loved the baldness feeling of my crew-cut hair that he did for me, but I am done totally done. Yesterday was the first real date that we went out together with me adorning the ‘hijab’. Yes, you guess right, he was upset; keep telling me to take it off, but his warm and attention towards me was not any lesser than when I was without it. I pray and hope that in time to come, he will also accept my ‘hijab’ as he had accepted the moment that I refused to color my hair anymore, or the moment when I stop wanting the material things in life and live at the simplest. In Syaa Allah.

Lord, Almighty please guide my husband always, and protect him and love him more than you love me. Amin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

H, so sweet. Pedih mata.