Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tell Me If The Medical System Is Not Abused…….

I don’t know why I am sitting here alone and crying my heart out. I remember the sacrifices that my husband has done for me and my kids, he took all of us, and accepts the kids as though they were his own. And now I am sick, he could not bear to see the pain that I am going through, I tried to hide things from him as much as I possibly could, but there were days like last night when the pain was so much that I could not hide it from him. He hugged me and I could hear the tears in his voice, I cannot bear to make him sad. He deserves better than just to be taking care of me, he has been the best husband that I could wish for and I only want him to be happy.

We have decided that if things are going to get too tough here, we will have to find some other place to go to, where medical expenses will be more affordable. He is willing to leave this job now and go with me where I think I will be able to get the best medical attention that I will need.

On this note I have to mention that because of the purging and the pain that I am having, I tried calling my GP this morning for an urgent appointment. The telephone conversation went:

Me: good morning, can I get an appointment with Dr. Y today

Nurse: no, I am sorry; I cannot give you any appointment at all today and the earliest I can give you is on May 3.

Me: but I am in a lot of pain and I need to see her

Nurse: sorry, she is too busy

Me: can I just go and wait in the clinic?

Nurse: then you will have to wait for 45 hours

Me: you mean 45 minutes

Nurse: no, I mean 45 hours

Me: thank you

This is the type of the medical system that you got to bear with here, and you cannot walk to the hospital without a referral letter. The only way that you can get to the hospital without a referral letter is by calling the ambulance to come and take you from the house, but then you will be referred to the hospital that you are not engaged with.

Tell me if the medical system is not abused…….

1 comment:

Unknown said...

H, here we got private lab..macam pathlab...just ask them to do TWDC (total white differential count)...low count can cause diarrhea and predispose you to infection..which is an emergency condition..(ini considering you have been on chemo)..