Friday, November 25, 2011

My Tepung Pelita

I have wanted to make Tepung Pelita for some time now, and have been postponing this because I was not sure of the method; and also for the lack and difficulty of finding the right ingredients.   Today, I finally decided that I will give it a go.
 
This is my Tepung Pelita, I am sure it is not right but I love the taste.
The ready Tepung Pelita before refrigeration
 Screw Pine leaves cut into small pieces and blended, in order to extract the juice
 
 Melting Palm sugar (which I added at the base of the Tepung Pelita)
 Rice flour, plus some raw brown sugar and screw pine leave juice cook under slow fire
 
Rice flour with coconut milk and some salt cook under slow fire, for the last layer of the Tepung Pelita
The melted palm sugar in 4 containers cool and ready for the first and second topping

No comments: