Monday, November 14, 2011

MRI

 
Technician: this is the panic ball, you will hold it in your right hand, and at any time you feel scared and not comfortable, please press the panic ball and I will stop the process.

Me: ok, but will it be a scary experience?

Technician: imagine you are watching a washing machine or imagine you in a washing machine.

Me: oh……. Ermmmm…….. ahhhh ………….. ok

Technician: I will have to put on this headphone on you. This is because the noise while you are in the MRI can be unbearable.

Me: ok, do I really have to? May be it will be better without it

Technician: trust me, you will need this and by the way, it is also a requirement

Me: (to myself, whatever). At this point of time I was not feeling comfortable already

Technician: I will put this metal piece on your face; this is to protect your face ok

Me: (whatever). Eyes tied closed already

Technician: are you comfortable, can I push you in now?

Me: hemmm…………………………..

Technician: remember the panic ball, press anytime and I will stop the process

Within minutes the MRI started, it was alright in the beginning but truth be told, as much as I wanted to open my eyes, I did not. I was scared stiff. The sound of the machine was just like what the technician had described. Like a washing machine, at one point of time I nearly pressed the panic ball when the sound was super loud.

So that was my experience with 15 minutes of MRI.

1 comment:

mummy-who-cooks said...

Ma, I have been thru all that couple of times.... just hate tht 'buzzing' sound.

Hope you are doing better now.

Neat