Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Please Don't Be Bitter

A friend who had recently divorced is beginning to show signs of resentment. She is no longer happy; she suddenly gets ill and is no longer compassionate about her position and work. It is weird, I thought. Could someone really be so bitter after a divorce? Or could it be that her ex-husband has taken another partner much younger than she is. I don’t know.

However, what puzzles me most is how she will go on and on about alimony, properties and her rights as a wife then. Funny, I should mentioned this, but why do one only realize that one was a wife after the divorce and not before that. This was the very same woman who told me before that she neither cooks nor cleans, she only works. Her career surpasses any other things in her life. Now that the ex-husband is remarried, I could see clearly how bitter she is, but why?

In her position she could buy a pet alien if she wants, or any star in the sky but why are those pennies from the said married so important to her now? I wonder, could she just be plain jealous? She is even bragging that her ex-husband was taking advantage of her position? But, wait a minute he is also in a good position, so why?

I will not give any advice or take sides; to me her personal life is her own. I will listen sometimes in boredom, as she could talk nonstop about the negative values of her ex-husband now. Honestly, in my opinion it is a shame to talk about your ex-husband to anyone that you are not even close to.

To all the women out there if your marriage ever falls apart, just let it go. Pick yourself up again and enjoy life (whatever that is left of it). Stop being bitter, because in the end you are only embarrassing yourself, while you ex-husband is happy with his new bride.

Why be miserable when you don’t need to. It is after all not the end of the world, or is it?

No comments: