Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cortisone Injection Mayhem


June 22, 2011

Yesterday’s treatment

Dear Madam,

How was your experience with yesterday treatment?
I am looking forward to your reply.
Thank you very much.

Kind regards
D……. Z…. MD MA

------------------------------------------------------

My reply

Hi Dr Z….

Thank you for arranging with your friend Dr K…… to talk to me and also to give me the Cortisone injection. You are very much appreciated.

I would like to let you know that I experience the following side effect from the injection, please let me know if these are normal and that I should not be alarmed about it.

1- Constant heart palpitation
2- Severe headache
3- I could not sleep last night and in total I only clock in 3 hours sleep
4- Light headed when I want to get up from the sofa/bed

Looking forward to hear from you again.

Please accept my warm regards
H…….

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Z….’s Reply

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much.

1- The headache could stem from the local anesthetic which went to the blood stream... (by absorption or by accidental i.v. injection etc...)

2- palpitation and sleeplessness would be explained by this too.

3- light headedness could be due to a hypotension caused also by local anesthetic in the blood stream

4-The half-life of Naropin® (the local anesthetic) is up to 6 hours which means that by now almost everything is gone.

Best regards

D….. Z….

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if this is alright, the highlighted statement?

No comments: