Saturday, June 18, 2011

Airports


 
 
As mentioned in some of my earlier entries my work has taken me to many places, some that I would not hesitate to make a return and some I would never want to even have had the experience in the first place.

However, I am not shy to write about some impression that will leave a long print in my life. The worst airport check point and people managing the immigration, terminal and welcoming will be in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The bearded men, the shrouded women, the notorious kids, the nasty eyes, and the long long wait, was one hell of a scary experience. Upon arrival I was disoriented, people were talking, mumbling, the noises were all too strange. For not covering my head, the piercing eyes of the locals was ohhhhh so scary. It took like a life time of waiting in queue to go to the immigration desk. Then they saw that I was unaccompanied by a male, so I was asked to wait in a room full of women, from Indonesian and Sri Lankan maids (who looked like chickens that have just been dipped in cold water), to elegantly dressed westerners. Yes, you wait in this room until your sponsors come and claim you. If you are lucky the sponsors will already be there, but if you are not lucky, you can be waiting for hours on end because the sponsors can still be busy smelling their foot, to even remember that you have arrived. Ahhh……………….. well, why was I at the Jeddah airport in the first place?

Another not too nice experience was the airport in Orlando. I don’t have to mention how long the queue was. The people are more civilized here, some stern faces here and there but there are a lot of smiling faces too. I have no problems with that, however, the number of dogs smelling up your ass was so not welcoming to me. This is because I am one who is super scared of dogs more than of the stupid foot smelling people.

When I arrived at the Dubai and Doha airports respectively, I was of the impression that they will be equally as bad as those in Jeddah. Why not right? I was thinking; it cannot be that different since these places were inhabited and owned by Arabs too. But I was wrong, they were better people and they make my welcome a pleasant experience.

Airports management that I would give the thumb ups will always be Changi airport in Singapore, Algeria International airport, Narita International Airport, Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris to just name a few.

Oh I forgot, I also don’t like Frankfurt International Airport, I think it is one of the worst infrastructures of a modern airport and the maze that you have to go through to make it from the international to the domestic is amazing.

If I should get stranded in any airport, please let me be stranded in Changi or the International Bangkok Airport.

I heart them!!!!!!!!!

No comments: