Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Greedy And Naughty

Hubby came home early yesterday, as we had planned to go and complete the moving, it should be the last day by any chance. I had called him earlier and asked if it is alright to have pizza for dinner tonight, as I am so not in the mood for anything else. He agreed to pizza, and on pizza night the kitchen will be his, not that he will bake the pizza from scratch, but he has a unique way with the baking.

At dinner, he told me that he did not like the pizza, ‘but of course you won’t like it, just because it is bio and healthy’, I said, so I ended up eating most of the pizza. It was nice but very little cheese, as well as salt, however lots of spinach. Well, I have no complaints as I was the one who bought them from the bio shop.

After dinner, we went to complete what we had set our minds to do. It took us about an hour to finish everything and we decided to take a taxi home, since we got quite a handful of things to carry.

I don’t know why suddenly there was this urge of desire to have steak, and I am glad that hubby was game for it too. It was such a desire that I could not resist, good thing we have some good cuts in the refrigerator. Once home, I immediately marinate the beef with just salt and pepper. Then both hubby and I went on to store things away, but all the time I was so in a hurry to get the steak done.

I remember putting the nonstick pan on the stove and leaving it to the heat that I wanted, at the same time I was also working on things at the living. Finally, I throw in the 4 pieces of marinated tender beef, the smell of the beef in the hot pan was just ………………….errmmmmmmmmmmm, speechless.

We both were just being greedy and naughty today; we overdid our calorie count just to quench the thirst of our desire for a succulent taste of a charred beef steak. It was heavenly and what? Guilt? No, not at all, that word does not exist in our dictionary at least not for last night.

We went to bed happy with the taste of the steak still lingering in our mouths.

No comments: