Saturday, April 23, 2011

Not For The Wrong Reasons

I was approached by one of her school directors recently seeking permission from the school photographer to capture my little angel’s picture for commercial purposes. It was indeed flattering when I was told that she has a very unique face and that they are interested in her. My answer was simply, No, thank you.

Really, I am not interested to promote my daughter to the public eyes. She does not need this now or may be not even later. However, if one day she decides that she would like to be the face of advertisement or a model, so be it, but for now I am a proud protective mother, and only want my daughters to be known for all the right reasons, not the wrong ones.

Having said that her results arrived by post a few days back, she has done good, in fact she surprised both hubby and me with her first report of the semester. She even managed an A+ for History, of course her weakest being mathematics with a score of C, while maintaining an A for her Science.

This is what I want the public to know about my little angel, someone who can be successful in life for all the right reasons.

Beauty is just skin deep, today they might discover her, and tomorrow will be someone else. However, a sound education will last her a life time.

No comments: