Friday, April 29, 2011

I Will Never Be Happy

Saying goodbye to her today was somehow more difficult, there was a feeling of uneasiness inside of me that I cannot explain. I gave her my promise that things will be sorted out soon, and she will have to keep her side of the bargain. With tears streaming down her cheek I have to let her go.

On the way home hubby asked if I would like to go to Millennium City, but I was really not in the mood for anything. I keep looking at my watch counting the hours when my little angel will be calling again, and I realized that the next call will come in like approximately seven hours from the time of her departure.

Not long after we have settled home, the call that I anticipated to come within seven hours came too soon. My heart was pounding hard as I answered the call; it was her teary voice that I heard on the other line. My first question was, “is your flight delayed sayang?” With a choking voice, she answered “no, mama, something is wrong with the plane, we are in Budapest now, after an emergency landing. I was so scared as everyone was running out of the plane.” My heart just sank.

She is all alone among the passengers, crying and scared, and there is nothing that I can do. I keep talking to her on the phone, she sounded confused and I was just holding back the tears, I don’t want her to know how distraught I am to know of her predicament. This is just not right, I should be there with her, she should not be alone, crying and scared.

I went to full swing calling every number that I have to quickly organize things, she has got two more connecting flights that will not be possible now. I decided the best is to bring her back here, and having done that I quickly sent an email to her school to inform them of her situation. I then called her eldest sister to inform her not to go to the airport; by now I was shaking and could not hold back my tears any more, as my little angel was looking forward to eating her sister’s cooking during her few hours stopover there. I then called her second sister to inform her of what had happened, and I was crying more.

At the moment of this entry I am still waiting for the airline to organize her return to me, and the disrupted plane is still in Budapest.

Until she is safe in my arms, I will never be happy.

No comments: