Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yesterday's Iftar

At time I am lost for ideas to prepare for iftar, the expectation of the family is always high, so no matter how blur I can be, I will try to come up with something that everyone will enjoy.

Yesterday was no different, my mood was not too bright either as the sun was not showing itself and cloudy rainy skies just make me sad. I spent most of the time under my blanket and playing games on the computer, while waiting for the angels to come back.

Soon it was time to go to the kitchen, without much hesitation I took out a bag of ribs. My first impression was to make soup with potatoes and carrot, but as the ribs were boiling slowly I decided to cook my father’s all time favorite which is ‘Tulang masak lemak cili padi with kerisik’. Accompanying this dish was a simple stir fry dish of French beans with bio tofu.

Hubby is not feeling too well this few days, so to give him some initiative to eat I made his fried sweet potatoes. It is so difficult to get good sweet potatoes here, every time you buy 3 pieces only 1 is good to use, and yesterday Chef Diva bought 2 pieces, we were lucky that at least 1 was good. Therefore, it does not take long before the small plate was gone.

Yesterday’s iftar was just yummy.

No comments: