Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bad Stench Of A Human Body

The summer weather is not quite the same as the first time I was here, back then the heat was more tolerable, and there was no rain at all during the summer season. However, all this has changed, summer now is a mix of super high heat, and lots of rain. But there is something about summer and the people here, which got me thinking.

Admittedly we do not shower daily in the winter season, but my gut feelings told me that they also do not take regular showers in the summer. There are times when you walk into a shopping mall, you just feel so suffocated with the bad stench of a human body, so much so that you nearly puke, and would turn and just walk out of the store.

Can you imagine when you are seated in a closed up train or tram coaches that were more packed than a can of mackerel. The super bad BO so intolerable, yet you have no choice but to ride on. I really cannot explain how bad the smell is, I can only say that it simply kills you…………….. so so bad indeed.

During one of my doctor’s appointments where my little angle was accompanying me, after the registration we were to wait in the waiting area. As we approached the room, we could smell the dreaded smell of a human stench yet again and there was only one lady waiting there.

She was seated directly to an open window with one of her arms on the window seal; I bet this is where the smell must be coming from. I was swearing under my breath making sure that both my little angel and I keep looking at her. This was done intentionally so that she at least knows that we were referring to her as we gasped for air and closed our nose with tissues.

Go take a shower people…………….. will that cost you so much? Or would you rather deal with the embarrassment of being scorned by others?

No comments: