Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dexter

At the moment we are hooked on Dexter, completed season one with twelve episodes. Season one was based on the book Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay, I hope I will get to buy this book soon. However, it is not easy to get one here as 99% of the bookstore does now carry any English books at all. Whatever, it will be on my list to be bought.

The Showtime series couldn't be any more psyched, it got us captivated in an overwhelming way with its dark, notorious, hidden subject matter, and surprises. Dexter really brought us to a new point of love hate relationship with the main character of the show, which was played by Michael C. Hall. He is so tender yet so severely psychotically confused. You cannot help but falling in love with his tenderness.

Dexter is in its fifth season now, tonight after Iftar, we will start with season two. Some of the episodes could keep me awake all night, or waking up in cold sweat following horrible nightmares from some of the bloody scenes of the Showtime.

But I am so hooked on Dexter, it is something that I look forward to to warm me up during this gloomy cold rainy autumn.

No comments: