Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm Out Of Here

People often thought that countries in Europe will be able to give you the best of medical facilities, you brag and dream of being treated in such places. However, what you often hear, wonder, dream and ponder is not what you will be given.

My girlfriend who is now at her 4th stage of cancer was left in the cold when her Oncologist just ditched her totally. What could be worse was that she came and waited at the appointed time, and saw other patients being called in one by one, but when her turn came no one calls her. She waited for more than two hours only to be told that the Oncologist had left.

Later when she lamented the situation to me, I felt numb, how could this be possible? We are living in the fourth most peaceful country in the world, and human rights was being told like reading a daily bible. If someone were to tell me that this could happen here, I would consider to rethink before believing my ears, but from this particular girlfriend, she can only be telling the truth as she is running for time.

Call it paranoid or whatever, I have now decided that I am not going to seek medical treatment here. I have decided that somewhere out of here, and closer to home could be safer and easier, as people there would be more human, and yeah at least there will be no language barrier. Yes, I am out of here where medical is concerned. Understandably it will be more constrain to my finances, but I want to be sure that I am given the right to a more trustworthy medical team, not leave me fighting for air when I am yet to be drowned (I hope I am making sense here).

Anyways, I am running faster than the road runner to seek medical help elsewhere.

No comments: