Friday, December 11, 2009

Smiley Sushi

Chef Diva got home one night after her language class with her usual bubbly self; she told me that her Colombian friend had just been kicked out of the house. She was feeling all sympathy for this friend, and offered her a roof in our tiny apartment. My jaw dropped, but this is what I have been teaching all my kids, do not close your door to anyone in need. Finally I told her that, of course she can come and stay but not for too long, that is until she finds another home.

For some odd reason, the host parents of the Colombian decided to find another home for her, therefore, the plan for her to come and stay with us for a while did not materialize.

They both then made plans to come over one evening and cook, and eat and have some girly moments before the holiday break. Chef Diva was all excited and proud to play hostess, they decided to make sushi.

A trial run was done one day before; Chef Diva served us (the family) her first trial at sushi. It was marvelous. The rice texture was just fine and tasted good even without the salmon and tuna. Indeed this will be a successful plate when they play cooking later.

On the actual day, what more can I say? The sushi they served was better than what I have ever tasted especially the rice, it was just splendid. My little angel served it to me in bed, while the Colombian girl decorated the sushi in a smiley formation.

Thank you girls……………………… did I tell you that I was served too little? He he he

No comments: