Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Nasi Lemak

What can be more spectacular than a hot steaming plate of nasi lemak on a cold winter morning, yes that was exactly what we had last Sunday. It was never planned, but when I got up in the morning I had this strong urge for nasi lemak.

Hubby and my little angel were still fast asleep even though it was already past 10:00 hours in the morning, Chef Diva was preparing to make hot brownies, so I joined her in the kitchen and got my nasi lemak cooking.

As usual I have very little supply to make the real thing, but I guess I am used to compromising and not got stuck when things get rough. Cooking the rice was quite direct except that I don’t have any screw pine leaves or ‘halba’ so I added sliced ginger instead to the boiling pot of rice together with half a can of coconut milk.

I had no more dried anchovies, instead I took a can of pink salmon and shallow fried them till crispy and added some soya sauce for taste. As for the chili dish, I sacrificed the last bit of dried chili into making a wonderful dish of aubergine chili. Other accompaniment were fresh cucumber and hard boiled eggs.

Simply can’t get enough.

No comments: