Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Doctor Oh Doctor

Trip to the doctor yet again, it was a tiring moment. After the X-rays on my spine and left shoulder, it was the mammograms and sonograms and now a battery of other tests to be taken.

However, all the private laboratories are closed for the long Christmas holidays starting 1300 hours today, as well as the Surgeon that I was referred to. Left with no choice I was advised to go to the emergency unit of the hospital immediately.

It was kind of sudden and took me by surprise. Though I am someone with a strong threshold for pain, this time round I am close to defeat. I refused to take any pain killer at all, today my doctor told me not to take any medication, so that the laboratory test results will not be influenced.

All the referral letters were in German, whatever I translated was the least that I could understand, but what was spoken with the private doctor do raised some concern on my part.

I was dragging myself back from the clinic this evening, and all I could think of was I need to stock up the fridge before the long holidays, so that hubby and my angels will not be without food. I need to take care of my medic princess needs back home. I need to do the washing of white clothes so that hubby will not be burdened with all the chores. Oh my poor wondering mind.

I hope the trip to the emergency later will not turn out to be what was discussed with my GP. insyaAllah.

No comments: