Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Please Ditch Me!!!!!

The phone rang today and it was an unfamiliar number, on normal circumstances I will just ignore it, but somehow being the month of Eid, I decided to answer the call. I could not make out the friendly voice instantly and when told of the name I had stupidly mistaken it with another friend from my Cancer group.

Anyways, I was totally stunned by the surprised call, for a split second I wanted to just close the line and be nasty but I was glad I did not. This was the lady who bluntly ditched me two years ago, this is the lady who had opened her very intimate secret to me, this is the lady who had confessed of her ill behavior, this is the lady that I had accompanied to pawn her gold in bad times, this is the lady that I had stood by her when no one else cared, and when she decided to closed her door against me I had accepted it without any remorse.

She was chatting away as though nothing took place for the past two years, I reciprocated in the same friendly manner but very cautious of my information. It is again the Almighty testing me if I could forget the past and move on, Alhamdulillah I succeeded the test.

It is strange how so many times people chose to be nasty towards me forgetting all the good times shared, how many times people chose to back stabbed me forgetting that I was always the one protecting them from sharp daggers, how many times people chose to bad mouth me when I was the one to protect them from such behavior. Life struggle and challenges had given me the strength to go on no matter what, to forgive though I will not forget, and to go on giving even if I received nothing.

So listen here you, if you choose to ditch me, please make it a forever thing ok. It is really no big loss on my part.

No comments: