Sunday, October 12, 2008

He Went Into Coma

Monday I was told that you had been taken ill and had been warded through trauma, only limited visitors were allowed into the ward because it is the cardiac unit. I was kept informed of your conditions on a daily basis; apparently the diagnosis was not good.

On Thursday, I was told that you wanted to be showered, so I had offered to do it together with your sister. When I came to her house she was looking very distressed and just needed a shoulder to cry on. We went to the hospital and I could not believe that it was you on the hospital bed. It breaks my heart.

After talking to you for a bit, we decided to proceed with taking you for the much needed shower. I went to the nursing counter to request for a trolley because you could not walk. Regretfully, the nurse told us that you are not to be moved because of your critical situation, and you could only probably be taken to the shower on Saturday. Meanwhile, we decided to sponge you together instead, I also shaved you, so that you will not look so sick.

We talked, we joked, we laughed and at the end you kept asking for forgiveness. You know we forgive you for whatever. We made sure that you even eat some of the horrible hospital food; it was painful to see you trying so hard to swallow the food. You then requested for a piece of sandwich which I had refused, mainly because you are on a very strict diet. I know you understood.

When the time comes for us to leave, you kept on saying `I love you Sis’.

Very early Friday morning I received a call that you had gone into a coma, I was shocked and sad, very sad indeed. I came to the hospital in the evening, you were in the ICU. At first I was telling everyone not to cry especially when they are in your room. However, when I saw you, held your hand and said the `kalimah’ into your ears, I could not hold back my tears. Between the `kalimah’ was my teary voice. I kiss you and left, it was too much for me.

God loves you Abang and only He knows what is in store for us. Meanwhile, my trip to the hospital to see your progress is a continuous journey.

No comments: