Friday, October 10, 2008

Please be Strong

I was lazily getting ready to go gallivanting with a girlfriend when the phone rang. It was my good friend, my social support and someone that I cared for. The conversation was normal salutations till she burst into tears.

There goes my plan for gallivanting. I decided to be with the person that I cared for, which is more important than anything else this morning. Since I did not have the car today I quickly called for a taxi, and within minutes I was hugging her.

She looked so helpless, tired and stressed. To lift the load off her shoulder I started joking with her, teasing her and only talking about subjects that were very close to her heart. But it did not take her long to pour out her heart and for the tears to start flowing again. It breaks my heart to see this bubbly and strong woman, in a weakened situation where most doors were closed against her.

I accompanied her to run all the chores that she needed help with, which really is not much. When she was calmer, and her mood more jovial, I invited her for lunch. She told me that for many months she had wanted to eat one local sweet called `Lompat Tikam’. She knows exactly which restaurant to head for, true to what she said the `Lompat Tikam’ was fantastic. We just ate and ate and ate, till her eyes started to be droopy from being too tired and bloated. I told her to go home and take a nap, it was nearly 1700 hours already and raining.

You know I will be here for you always, just don’t cry anymore. God keep you strong. InsyaAllah.

No comments: