Thursday, October 6, 2011

Of Male Masseur And Munari Therapy

This week is the second week that I am continuing with my message and Munari Therapy at a hospital that is not too far from my house. Some days the appointment given is very early and I will dare the chilling wind to make it to my appointment.

As much as I love the 10 minutes massage or may be less, but then no matter how long a massage can be given to me, it can never be enough. The therapist varies on each day, in so far I have only had one female therapist, and all others were male. Every time that I had the luxury of going for a good massage, the masseurs will always be lady, having been massaged by male therapists gives the feeling of a massage a totally new meaning. I just love them male hands (don’t get me wrong, but they are much stronger and they are excellent with point massage).

The only thing about male masseurs is that they are very technical, almost robotic, no small chats or extended introduction. It was like ok, here’s your room, this is the towel, please take your bra off, please pull your pants down, ok I will be back in 20 minutes, and finally, ok we are done, thank you and auf wiedersehen. I guess you cannot get everything that you want in life, it’s either this or that, but it could never be this and that.

Anyways, I have never heard of Munari therapy until my condition is becoming worse now. Munari is a Therapy with glatiramer acetate for multiple sclerosis (MS). This is a form of slimy mixture that is placed on the affected area of the body hot. After a couple of minutes, the effect of the glatiramer acetate will send some kind of sensation on the body part where it is being placed. Mine was on my upper and lower back, and I am required to stay on my stomach for 20 minutes while this process is being done.

I am not very sure if Munari Therapy is widely used anywhere else, it would be very interesting to know more about Munari Therapy. Through the internet I could not get much information at all, but research has shown that some clinical data have shown that glatiramer acetate (Copaxone), a synthetic amino acid polymer empirically found to suppress experimental allergic encephalomyelitis (EAE), an animal model of MS, might help improve the outcome of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS).

I hope it will work for me, however, after seven therapies the pain has yet to subside, and the spasm and needle pain in my upper right shoulder, hand and fingers are more constant.

No comments: