Saturday, June 8, 2013

Nutella Cupcakes

This is a late entry as usual, anyways, it was hubby’s birthday. We don’t do much. It is enough just having quality time together. He likes blowing candles though, so I bake something super simple for this purpose. Like I mentioned before, I am experimenting with cooking with whatever I could find in the pantry of my kitchen. For his birthday, it was Nutella cupcakes, with nutella and cornflakes frosting. Here’s how I did my nutella cupcakes if you are interested to try:

Ingredients: 1 cup of nutella, 2 large eggs, 12 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and ½ teaspoon of salt.

Method: In a large bowl just mix all the ingredients together but be careful as not to over beat the mixture. Line a cupcake tin with the cupcake paper lines, and bake in a preheat oven of 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The above recipe makes 12 cupcakes. For the frosting: melt ½ cup of nutella in the microwave, once the cupcakes are cool, just deep the top of the cupcakes in the melting nutella and sprinkle with crushed cornflakes.

Something so simple can make him so happy. It was worth the effort.




No comments: