Saturday, September 1, 2012

I Believe My Daughter Will Be A Very Good Mother

In this entry I would proudly like to announce that my medic princess had made one courageous move in her young life. Yes, a very courageous one indeed, she adopted a premature baby boy with a cleft lip. It all happened in the holy month of Ramadan, and by that choice of adoption, she thus become a single working mother.

I am so proud of her decision, her desire to help a child who would otherwise be sent to a welfare home. When she showed me the picture of the baby, I simply understand why and how she made the decision to adopt that little innocent being. To say the least, he was drop dead adorably gorgeous.

All I want her to know from now forward, that adoption is a lot like marriage, with it comes a super huge commitment. There is no turning back, for better or worse, in sickness and in good health, for richer or poorer, she will be binding herself to another life whose history she may only know in part and whose future she can never predict.

I want her to know that in adopting a child, she thus committed herself to honestly and purely love and treat the little boy as though he is her own. Whatever lies in the future she must never forget the very reason why she has at that special point of time decided to adopt him.

The future relationship is without any guarantees, as it may be with her own born. Therefore, unless anyone can imagine loving and being committed to a child; even if he or she would NEVER love you back as much as you have committed to love them, don’t adopt.

I believe my daughter will be a very good mother, insyaAllah.

No comments: