Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Will Hurt Be Enough Said?

On many occasions my son told me that he would not raise his children the way I had raised mine. This kind of comment left me speechless at times though inside of me was boiling with loads and loads of words to be spitted out. Now looking back I do agree with him, yes, he should not raise his children the way I had done mine.

It would be ridiculous for a single mother to take up more than one job to give her kids all that she thought was best for them, it seems more bizarre to think that as a single mother I would give up everything for any of my kids. The nights that I stay awake to try mapping my juggling acts as a mother, a student, a friend and a lecturer, that none of my kids will know. It was never easy but I would do it all over again for them.

I agree that a child should not be brought up the way I had done mine, making sure that they only go to the best of schools, making sure that they only wear the finest brand on their back, making sure that their lunch is packed daily from my own home cook instead of allowing them to eat food from the canteen. May be I have gone a bit too far to be the best for them, no one should I guess.

I never whimper in bringing up my children, I realized that in order to make them feel normal with a single mother I had gone overboard, making me so obsessive of them, so over protective of them and so over whelming of them, there were moments that I will drop everything to go and fight for them, there were moments that I would go to work without a penny in my pocket so that they can have the car, or the bicycle or the designer boots that they wanted. What kind of mother was I then?

Anyways, I wrote this entry when I suddenly woke up from my sleep at around 0332 hours my time because I had a dream, a dream that I wish was true, and that I could just capture the moment of my dream as real as possible. The dream today was priceless, and that could only be because Schnappi was in it.

The world will judge you no matter how good or how bad a person you are, and it does not matter but when you are being judged by someone so dear…………………. Will hurt be enough said?

No comments: