Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Muslim Cemetery

We were staying in a hotel not too far from the Sultanahmet neighborhood. Anyone who has been to Istanbul will know that this is one of the most busy and interesting neighborhoods there.

In this heart of the Imperial Centre of the Ottoman Empire while walking downtown to the places of interest, we came across a very interesting looking Muslim cemetery. We were so engulfed in the structure of the cemetery that I totally forgot what the name of the place was.

Anyone who come across these pictures in my entry, it would be appreciated if you can email me and let me know the name of this cemetery.

By the way, the size of the graves gave me the impression that Turkish men are actually short men, and this was supported by the fact that every other Turkish man that I came across on the street was actually shorter than an average height man.

LOL

No comments: