Thursday, November 18, 2010

No Inference

A good friend came visiting last Sunday, from the first hug and the first hello, there was no stopping her from filling me up with news. I consider this friendship of ours rather odd, as we hardly talk on the phone, just text messaging only with news on each other.

This is because she is a world famous person and I know how demanding her work can be, and I am a full time housewife but that does not stop us from our girlie talk each time she has the time to break away from her formal life.

This time around despite the laughing and the joking, I saw sadness in her eyes. I could not help but was so close to blurting out the questions when she voluntarily announced that she had just divorced. I was shocked, totally unbelievable so much so that I was not able to even offer a word of comfort. She understood.

With her position in the world standing, I could only wish her all the very best. I guess no matter how high we reach for the stars, but once our hearts are broken nothing really matters anymore. Like me she has also decided that home will be everywhere else for the moment till the broken pieces cease to exist for good.

I told her that let’s live our life as though we are walking under a heavy snow, where each step we take will not leave any footprint, where the glitter of the sun is more important than the beauty of the snow filled mountains, where the cold will hit us to our bone but could no longer hurt us.

Let’s just live without the interference of other factors that has no inference in our everyday life at all.

No comments: