Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Departed

In the darkness of the night I sit alone, wondering if I will ever be able to sleep. Thanks to Chef Diva for the mug of coffee, coffee never ever has any effect on me before, but, well now that I am past half a century of my life, everything has an effect one way or the other. What could be worse when the snoring of my man is made louder by the silence of the night.

Tonight alone I watch a movie called “The Departed” it is more than two hour long movie, weird as it may sound I was so engrossed in the movie that I managed to stay up till the end, and still up doing this entry now.

What makes the movie more interesting was the unpredictable storyline that kept me guessing, and the total message that was to be gained by me and all the viewers who may have seen this movie before me. It taught me that a rat no matter how polished may be will always smell like a rat.

Ironically too in “The Departed” we should learn not to be bounded by favors, especially if the giver will tail you to the deep end of a worm hole. To all my children be very careful when you are asking and taking a favor, you will never know when that favor will come back to haunt you.

I know it is kind of cliché that I would always compute every little reminder that I can to my children, well, I am not shy about this, and never will because for a long long time I have been both their father and their mother too. My words may not hold much of a weight now that all of them are young adults, but there is no harm in me wanting my children to be cautious at all time.

To all my children do take time to watch this movie, and look at the symbolic relations of a man and a rat, both are very prominent in each other’s world. Therefore, do not be one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: